Soul Eater Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Soul Eater Roleplay Forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A few ideas.~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hedgehog the Sonic

Hedgehog the Sonic

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm not trying to say anything rude here. I am just here to point things out that may either be a good or bad idea for the site. c: No need to take my input.~

More Admins/Mods

I understand the site isn't massive yet, but sooner or later we're going to need more admins. And if you add more, the site will develop quicker, and there won't be a wait time when it comes to answering questions, looking at apps, checking in with other members, etc.

Liquid Time

I know liquid time may not be the greatest idea ever, but if somebody has characters in threads that haven't been answered to, they can use the same character in a different thread. That way, they don't have to wait on somebody to post.

Polls and Contests

One way to keep the members entertained is to hold random polls and contests that have absolutely no meaning at all. Like I said before, here is an example: "What does Waff's breathe smell like? Vote below." Or contests where maybe there's an arena event where two character compete, a drawing or writing contest, or just a flat out 'Who can be the most random?' contest.

Site Store

A place where people can buy things for their character using a site currency. Maybe you earn five coins per time you post. Maybe some of the things you could buy could consist of: Five human souls for 70 coins. A new ability for 150 coins. Etc.

_____ of the Month

Member of the month. Thread of the month. Admin of the month. Character of the month. Maybe if that person or people are chosen in a poll or drawing, the winner could be granted 100 coins or something. That or chatbox admin for a day.

~~~~~~~~~

Again, just a few ideas! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://assassinwolf64.deviantart.com
Dead Eyes

Dead Eyes

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 am

I think ALL of these are fun and GREAT ideas! I mean, really! They seem so interactive and creative! I don't see why not!
Back to top Go down
Hallow
Faggot
Hallow

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:09 am

Okay, most of these are good. Most. I mean, the contest is a goos concept, but it's pointless. A thread where it's just "LOL WHAT COLOR IS YOUR LLAMA!?" serves no purpose whatsoever. It's not making anybody laugh, it's just there to give you something to do. Okay, second, I'd say we don't need anymore staff. The site (at the moment) is in beta stage. It's not even finished, so we shouldn't be worrying on "staff colors" or "character approval" just yet. Maybe when it's finished, but at the moment, it's pointless. The coin system is not that good either. A currency which you could earn in a contest could just make your character OP. If it was earned in mission threads or something, it still would serve no purpose. It's much more efficient to gain souls through normal missions, and not a currency.
Back to top Go down
Dethhollow

Dethhollow

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 am

*sneezeMakeTemporaryMods*

The coin thing sounds like it could be really abusable. All you would have to do is take part in a thread like "Last one to post" or something and you'd be able to harvest craploads of coins, throw them all down on one character, and destroy everyone else because you have 4 extra abilities. But I'm all for adding more staff to help the site grow a bit more smoothly and just fun random contests. Maybe even a character shipping poll?
Back to top Go down

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:43 pm

I would have to say Liquid time, and the Site store are dangerous idea's. Liquid time depending on the type of threads they are in, can destroy the canonicity of a character. And as stated by the others, the Site Store is a one way trip to OP characters, having no real explanation as to how they got there.
Back to top Go down
Hedgehog the Sonic

Hedgehog the Sonic

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:08 pm

I could see the site store being an issue. But what if you were only allowed to spend so much coins on a single character at once? When you have given all of your characters that amount of coins, you can go back after a certain amount of time and continue spending.

Liquid time has it's ups and downs. I could understand that.~
Back to top Go down
http://assassinwolf64.deviantart.com
jac600

jac600

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 2:37 pm

I really love all of the ideas. A way to balance out the site credits would be to slow down how they are gained. Like your first twenty five posts grant a coin each, but then for the day that's all you can get. Additional coins would be handed out by mods who cannot give them to themselves and have an allowance to give for the month. who can be the most random sounds very fun if it has a different rule each time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few ideas.~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few ideas.~   A few ideas.~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few ideas.~
Page 1 of 1